This career-track position will support CEO Nicole Middleton Holloway, CFP® in the growth of Strategy Squad’s Northern California office. We are looking for someone who seeks to build their advisor skills, while deepening their knowledge of socially responsible and impact investing.
Founded in 2016 by Nicole and Dennis Middleton, Strategy Squad is a black-owned, woman-owned, fee-only financial planning and wealth management practice based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our firm supports women and conscious investors throughout the United States who are building their financial independence and want to live abundantly, invest responsibly, and make a positive impact with their wealth. With a financial-activist oriented team and core values of integrity, balance, empowerment, and fairness, our practice excels at providing excellent client service and values-driven wealth management advice. Strategy Squad works in partnership with Natural Investments LLC, our Registered Investment Advisor. Visit strategysquad.com to learn more about our team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a background in financial planning, strong social justice values, and has a desire to become a wealth advisor in the sustainable investment industry long-term. Although this is not a sales role, applicants should possess an entrepreneurial and energetic spirit, and be ready to develop skills in designing and delivering client-centric, values-aligned, fiduciary financial planning advice, and see projects through to their optimal outcome. Applicants should have high ethical standards, a respect for confidentiality, and be prepared to pass an extensive background check.
The Associate Wealth Advisor will work alongside the firm’s Client Services Team to manage the ongoing needs of client accounts and deliver financial planning recommendations. The Associate Wealth Advisor will regularly conduct client meetings, assist the firm’s principal advisors in investment research and analysis of client portfolios and financial statements, and deliver financial planning recommendations in verbal and written format.
- Familiarity with goals-based financial planning (CFP certificate program preferred)
- 4-year College degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial services or other professional work environment (including internships)
- Interest in and/or experience in ESG criteria and Socially Responsible, Sustainable, Impact Investing
- Professional certification, Series 65 or 66 or other Industry licenses, a plus!
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent at written and verbal communication
- Tech Savvy, with strong skills in Microsoft Word/Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Docs and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Friendly personality and good people skills
- Able to work independently and 100% remotely Monday to Friday during regular business hours Pacific Standard Time
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part-time 15-24 hours per week remote-work position for an independent contractor with opportunity for growth into a full-time advisor role with benefits. Work hours are flexible, but must occur during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time, and be spread out over at least 3 days. Compensation is competitive, and commensurate with experience. There are no other benefits at this time.
If you feel that you have the skills it takes for the position responsibilities listed, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please be sure to visit our website and explain in your cover letter why this job speaks to you. Due to time constraints, our firm will only be contacting successful applicants.